Sunday, November 22, 2009

Plano 747 Medical Tackle Box


Hi Guys, I know it's been a long time since I posted but we finally are getting settled into our new house. Unfortunately, EVERYONE in the house started to get sick. It started with my 6 y/o son, then my wife and now our daughter. We took my son to his pediatrician and they couldn't confirm whether it was the regular, seasonal, flu or the H1N1 (swine flu) virus.

It's the worst I've ever seen him and also that he did get vaccinated for the "seasonal" flu a few weeks ago prior to him getting sick. His pediatrician tested him and said that it was for sure the Type-A flu virus, BUT H1N1 is also a Type-A virus..like the "seasonal" flu. Anyway, she said that since he got the "seasonal" shot a few weeks ago she thinks that it is the H1N1 that he got..great.



Anyway, we've been using our old "medicine cabinet" actually, old box, but as you can tell it's a pain in the butt to find the medicine, Band-Aid, Neosporin you need right then. Well, after searching the internet I finally ordered the Plano 747 Medical Tackle Box. Plano actually has been a leader in plastic technology and creating plastic containers and tackle boxes, but just this one they make as a "medical tackle box" for paramedics. Needless to say, it is BIG. I was able to fit in ALL of the stuff and still had room and more. (Click BOTH photos to see how big it is and in it's expanded mode).

If you guys are like us and your cute medicine cabinet is now overfilling beyond capacity, it's time to move on and upgrade to this baby. No more need dealing with boxes of band aids and box tubes of this and that, digital thermometers and etc. the Plano 747 keeps EVERYTHING organized and more. If you have firemen and paramedics using this, you know it's the REAL DEAL. I found ours for $114, which included shipping, from www.saveslives.com.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I seen close up pictures of the 747.. Just bought one to replace our ambulance trauma kit. The prior box was a DynaMed tackle box from about 1974... It was huge, bulky, heavy-empty, and falling apart. I was a little concerned that this may not be big enough. But now I'm thoroughly satisfied that it will meet our needs. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob..I love this thing..it is humongous..and I feel like that guy from "Emergency"..the thing means 100% pure business.

    ReplyDelete